Sunday, June 10, 2012

To Be Known by God


Devotional text: Psalms 139:1-24

Summarizing Thoughts:
The Lord didn't just glance over me, but He has thoroughly and painstakingly considered me. He is fully aware of every action I take and even knows what my thoughts are going to be before they are even developed in my mind. My God never rests, but watches over me both day and night. Not one of my actions are hidden from Him. Before I can even express in words how I feel or what I think, He knows all about it!

I can't hide from Him because he is everywhere. No matter what my situation, I am comforted because Your hand is on me. There is no way I can fully understand Your ways or how You operate. My mind just can't grasp it! There is nowhere in the world I can run to escape Your power, influence or watchful eye. The darkness is not even too dark for You because you created it and can see perfectly well through the darkest of circumstances.

You created me, too. Science can't fully explain the miracle of how you have created me inside my mother's body. It only takes one look around and my very soul becomes aware that it had to be Your hands that put into existence such wonders as human life with all its complexities. Every day of my life has already been recorded by you before I was even born!

Lord, I wish evil people who take pleasure in killing those who love you would have their lives ended by Your hands. They only spread evil and hate and when they mention Your name it's only tied to cursing. Is it only right that I hate their intents? Is it only right that my heart should hate those who hate You and make themselves Your enemies? I will admit that I hate them and that they are also my enemies!

But Lord, search me and know the way I think. Test my heart and intent. Know every thought that crosses my mind. If you see that I am wrong, correct me and place my life, every step I take, on that path You determine is correct and represents You.

Personal Application: I must be careful how I think, where I go, what I do and what I say because God is always aware! I can't hide from Him! I shouldn't be afraid to be corrected by Him because He loves me and only wants what is right for me. Just like David was honest in his thoughts and expressions to God about hating evil people, I too should be honest in my prayers. He already knows my thoughts anyway! No need to sugar coat them or lie to Him about how I feel. He will address my prayers and show me the error of my heart. I know He will point me back to His word and remind me of the grace He extended to me.

Prayer Focus:
Help me to acknowledge You in everything.
Remind me that You already know my thoughts and needs.
Humbleness when You correct me.
Honesty in my conversations with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment